Thursday, January 31, 2008
See the baby in the box? Grandma had a good idea to give her toosh a little cushion and let her hang out with the big girls. It's funny how such random, household items can make great toys. Mel came in one week and gave Connor a red, plastic cup, and it was her favorite for a while. Now she has Grandma Hootie's box of shirts and her pink ruler to keep her entertained for about an hour day!
Friday, January 25, 2008
So I had the pleasure of being tagged by Cheryl and am gonna have to think about this one. It sounds like lots of fun to do, but it is actually rather difficult. I hope my readers don't think differently of me after reading these... I promise I am fairly normal!
1. I have always wanted to open my own business. I would love to buy a small space in a shopping center and sell craft crap. We can call it 'Craft or Crap?'...hahaha. I don't know what I would call it but I have it all planned out in my head. My mom, sisters and I are all good at a different thing and we could work together. I've told them about my idea but I don't think they ever really took me seriously. We would sell Scrapbooking things, and I could make personalized gifts and my mom could sew and heidi and mel could craft and we could make baked goods (ie; my custom sugar cookies). The ideas just keep flowing...
2. I can't stand gum, actually I can't stand anything sticky and gross. It freaks me out and I really hate the smell of it. I realized recently that bandaids are almost as bad. Pretty much anything sticky and gross is...gross! I actually feel bad because I even hate the stickers that kids love to put on you... my niece does this and, although I don't like it, I bear it. Connor will join the sticker sticking soon enough and I will grin and bear that as well.
3. I have always had this issue with sleeping with my ears covered. I have gotten better over the last couple years, but before that I couldn't sleep with them uncovered. I had mentally convinced myself that bugs can't get under blankets to get in your ears, so I was safe this way.
4. I LOVE crunch ice! Oh my goodness...really....it's great. Bakers and Miguel's Jr used to be THE place to go for this ice, but they moved on. Now the only places I know to get it is at most AM PM's (they give you an option of crunch or cubed) and the Taco place in Grand Terrace off Washington and Barton.
5. I love using these dots... I swear. Anyone that gets a typed note or email from me will find them all over the place. I quite often find myself rewriting things, trying to take out my dots. I just feel that they add so much to my words. Sure some people may not read my notes in the same tone as me, but I feel it helps. So for those who tire of my 'dots' I apologize but maybe you should call and ask me to read you my note myself, that way I can add emphasis where it's needed.
6. I'm half way there... I asked Andres to help me and he listed everything I already listed. That makes me happy, my husband knows my quirks! Which brings me to another thought. I am VERY indecisive. This drives Andres crazy. However, it runs in my family. All of us Nicks girls are this way, and it is annoying. However, when you get us together I go crazy and end up being the decision maker. Strange how that works. Put Andres and I in the car and we will drive around for an hour before I will pick a place, put Mel, Heidi and I in a car and I'll pick a place in minutes.
7. When I was younger I was known as Annie. My mother wanted to name me Elizabeth and my father loved Annie. In the end, mother won on the birth certificate and father won everywhere else. However, around kindergarten I decided I didn't want to be Annie anymore and went with Elizabeth, now Liz. To this day there are a few people who still call me Annie and it makes me smile... I actually like it now!
8. I Love paying bills. Well, I actually hate spending money, but I love how you feel when a bill gets paid. It has always made me feel independent and proud. I ran out of check recently and had to order new ones. I bought cute pink with white polka dot checks and they are super cute!
9. Ok, I'm running low here people. Here's an obvious one... I love to clean! I can't come home and just sit down without cleaning something. Andres will quite often clean the house before I get home so I won't worry about it, and then gets upset when I do get home and find something else he missed. But it's never really something he missed as much as it is something I have needed to clean and just haven't gotten around to do. For example, I'll wipe down my bathroom sink and mirror. I am usually the same before I go to bed. I will clean all of the dinner mess and make sure things are somewhat neat because I hate coming home or waking up to a messy house. It makes me crabby and starts my day off on the wrong foot. Lysol disinfecting wipes are my BFF.
10. I have very stinky feet. Can you tell this is number 10 and I'm too tired to be creative? If you have known me fore more than a couple years you will already know this about me. I am famous for my BIG stinky feet. I wear a size 11 (well 12 now after having Connor) and they are not very pleasant on a warm summer day. Or any day when I don't wear socks. I have a couple pairs of flats that look stylish on the outside and are down right tackey on the inside.
Well guys, that's it for me. Thanks for reading and I am now tagging Marisa (if you read this, it's your turn to start a blog) and Sarah (If you ever start blogging again). Wow, I need more blogging friends...this is pathetic. For the love of blogging people...jump on the band wagon already!
Monday, January 21, 2008
I watch this show, shaking my head in disappointment but I am sure I am not the only one. I blog my addiction to poorly made reality shows with pride today, I am an American Gladiator fan!
Friday, January 18, 2008
So this is just another day at the job. Connor was getting fussy so Grandpa Hootie came and took over for me. They did great together for about twenty minutes or so, can you see the strained look on both their faces? Connor was crying for attention and Grandpa was crying for me to take her back. Good times on a daily basis! Monday night we went with Great Grandpa for pizza and beer. This is my crazy family... and we all love each other tons!
And NOW onto my original post. Connor's first feeding with daddy! He was sooo excited to give Connor her first dinner without Mommy. It was so cute to watch and she did so great. The doctor recommended we wait till 6 months so we made it to 5 1/2. Close Enough! I was worried she would have trouble and not like it but she swollowed each bite and kept reaching for more. I was so impressed!
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Instead I will move onto more important matters... legal advice! So we are currently stuck in a lease that does not expire till July, sucks we know. However, there may be a catch that could save us lots of money. Mum's the word, but we are working with undercover cops running an investigation on a near by apartment. There is an apartment in our building, just one hallway down that is running a prostitution ring. Andres found out about it by 'interrogating' a random guy who looked lost in our building. He got nervous and spilled the beans rather quickly. Apparently there is an ad on Craigs List that offers 'Sexy Asian' women, just call 'this number'. So he and Matt called and were directed to make their way to our apartments and then call for more direction. They waited a few minutes and called back and were given an apartment number to find, right down the hall from us. Craziness!
So an undercover came by the house last week to ask a few questions and to inform us they would be 'hanging' out at our place a couple nights next week. They have been following these guys for a while and after being run out of Irvine, they have brought their ativity to multiple locations around us. The undercover told us they busted a 'massage' parlor last week who had ties to this place and are trying to get more evidence to bust the 'pimp'. So the 'sting' starts tomorrow night and we are to 'act normal'. Easy for them to say, acting normal may be abnormal for us.
So now on to the advice... can we use this to break our lease withouth penalties? Ideally I would LOVE to enter our leasing office, inform them we are moving and give them the reason. "We do not pay $1,#*7.00 to live in a home where we can ring the doorbell next door to borrow a cup of sugar and an STD (sorry, I was trying to keep this blog family friendly)!" So will this work? Can we break this lease and not pay 2 months rent to leave early? I am going to wait till tomorrow to ask the cop's advice and I am sure I can get some signed letter backing up our information. I doubt the leasing office even knows this is going on under their noses. Either way, we are going to leave, penalties or not. What do you think and does anyone know a lawyer who can give me a little advice and direction.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Ok, so I don't really know what the big deal about this WFMW but I have noticed it raises quite a stir. So it's my turn, let the readers and comments pour in... I'll be waiting.
BTW dad, you can post without an account here. Switch the 'choose an identity' to AOL and then all you need is a nickname. Thanks for reading...
Man! I am starting to fall asleep and I haven't finished my book. Fine, I am done for tonight. Good night and happy hump day (how long has it been since anyone has refeered to Wednesday at 'hump day'? Wow, I am going to bed before I pull another saying out of the 1989 vault...
Let's start with books. Currently I am reading 'Baby Proof", a book given to me by my friend Kellen's mom. I miss my former neighbor and book club member (her and I thought it would be fun to start a book club because we share books and like to read, but we were the only members!). Anyhow, I am almost done with the book and don't know what I am going to read next. I am open to suggestions and offer to exchange some of my collection for a new collection.
Second is blogging. I know last night I made a comment that every time I sit down with time to write, I am stumped. Well, after I signed offline last night and was getting ready for bed I thought of at least 5 things I could have talked about. Dang it! So now I am online again, blogging in the hopes something will spark my memory.
Lastly is a random one, but I promised myself i would remember and blog about it tonight. I thank 2 of my 3 loyal readers for their comments on the American Gladiators and I am SOOO glad you know what I am talking about. And yes, Cheryl, I did see the guy cry over his second chance, sissy! Anyhow, I decided what the contenders, hosts and gladiators remind me of... the Power Rangers! If anyone has seen their shows you know they have to make extreme hand gestures so you know who is talking, just like the people on this show. That and the dialogue is just as cheesy.
Ok, I think that is my post for the night. I only have a few chapters left in my book and am determined to finish it!
Thanks for reading
Monday, January 7, 2008
Talk about wardrobe malfunction. This is Militia and the contender who had to pull him off the disc to earn 10 points. I think he should get a bonus 5 for exposing a cheek and jock strap... notice that is all he was wearing under the spandex? After that, the girl on the rings almost had some extra exposure as well when 'Venom' pulled at her top to loosen her grip. This show seems to be worth the memory space on our Tivo already... and it's only episode #2. Happy watching and thanks for reading.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
And here is our big girl at work. She likes her jumper for the first 15 minutes or so, but then gets frustrated that she can't completely control it yet. She will bounce a couple times then her swing will take over and start spinning out of control. It's pretty cute... then again anything she does is cute!