Sunday, September 28, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Sunday Connor had a play date with Julia and she had so much fun. After lunch Mel took us to this tasty frozen yogurt place called Nubi where you make it all by yourself and they charge you by the ounce. Genius! Come to find out, there are about 3 similar places local to me and I had no idea. Here I thought Coldstone was the greatest...this stuff is fat free people! Fat Free! (which means, you can fill the cup to the brim and still not feel bad! Actually, I never really feel bad cause it's too tasty!)
dang it...I still have no idea what I wanted to blog about. Hmm...
We took Connor to the pool tonight and she had a blast. Andres played with her till her lips turned blue, then brought her home and climbed in the bathtub with her to continue the fun! I didn't get a picture but promise to next time...it's rather amussing watching a 6'3" man try to squeeze in a bathtub let alone with fifty toys and a 20 lb tike.
Still upset I can't remember. But I am happy about one thing...I vacuumed the stairs this weekend! What a flippin chore that was. Earlier in the week I dusted the banister (which sucked too!) but holding the vacuum to hit each stairs was quite a feet and I finally gave in and used the attachments to finish it off. In the end, I find it was worth the struggle...I love a clean carpet!
but I hate loosing my mind...
Saturday, September 13, 2008
btw-the funeral potatos were a hit...and Madison seemed to love the cake I made too! Thanks pillsburry, your recipe for confetti cake will be passed onto my children and my children;s children and so on...
Friday, September 12, 2008
- Pumpkin Spice latte
- Pumpkin & Chocolate Muffin at Claim Jumper (warm with butter!)
- Pumpkin Cheese Cake from Claim Jumper
- Pumpkin Ice Cream from Coldstone (mixed with caramel and graham cracker crust!)
- Pumpkin Trifle
- Anything else with Pumpkin in it...Yummy!!!
Doesn't it all sound just way too good? Yeah to the holidays (but not yeah to holiday shopping already!)
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
btw-since the last time we spoke, Connor has recovered from Roseola and her spots and fever are gone! yeah...
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
She forgot to post the rules so I did a little search of my own and here's what I found. (figures she would break the first rule)
Here are the tagging rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post (ok, 6 people is a lot by the way!)
4. If you are tagged, DO IT and pass it along
Random Facts 'All About ME'
1. I hate doing the dishes AND washing loads of white clothes! BUT, I also hate looking at dirty dishes and not having whites to wear. Sucks sometimes! Dishes are just annoying because they stack up so quickly and whites suck cause it's always the little things that take forever to fold and put away. You know, like socks and undies and everything else that doesn't fold as easily as a towel!
2. (I promise these random facts will get more random and entertaining as the overworked hampster in my brain starts running on the wheel again...he may need motivation in the form of ice cream!) Cool, my random fact number 2 is I LOVE ICE CREAM! I think it should be a basic food group really, don't you? AND on the top of the pyramid (of course the pyramid would be a little off with the new addition, but the food group planning nutritionist people can make it work, I have faith)
3. I bite Connor's finger nails. Wait, is that a bad fact to share? Shoot! When do I know where to stop and when I've gone too far? dang it. Ok, if you don't like that fact or think bad of me for doing that to her... ah, whatever. who am I kidding? I don't care. I bite Connor's nails...so there! It may be a bad habit but I thought I heard the nurses at the hostiptal when she was born telling me it was an option. And she thinks it's a game so she plays along and let's me do it. Whatever works I say, whatever works.
4. (I really have to list 6 of these bad boys?) I think I have a mild form of OCD. Is that random? Anyhow, I have this issue with cleaning and getting really cranky/irritable/unpleasant when I don't feel it's clean enough. Andres begs me all the time to just sit down and watch tv, or read a book. Actually, Saturday night he begged me which is why I opened Twilight (and am now started on the 3rd in the series already. And, he just bought me the 4th today. And, (yeah I know, the ands are getting overworked here), he bought the hardback version! now that's love people, that IS love! They cost twice the price and those smart publishers only print them in hardback for the first few months (at least per my experience new books are generaly always printed that way whenever I am itching to buy it!)
5. Which leads me to random fact #5! I tell really long story with TONS of pointless info. See #4 for example, I started with being OCD and ended with my new crush on Edward Cullen.
6. (Finally) I wear contacts.
Ok, I'm done. Sorry about that last one, but I am getting tired and I haven't hung out with my vampire yet tonight. So that's all you get. I know, I know. You all want a encore, ask me some questions and I'll share...but otherwise. Good night peeps... Good night.
Oh yeah, the following are tagged: Shoot, Cheryl can I tag you and those you already tagged again? Or is that cheating? Hmm...
Andres ( Love you Mr!) , Terri (mom, you so need to update your blog already!) Aracely (got my package today and you are over the top! Thanks sooooo much, you rock!), Lisa (Connor says hi to you and the fam!) Mrs. Schoosh! (Sarah, you and Andres need a lesson in blog updates girl!) Donna (love the new house, can't wait to see more pics!)
Whew! That was tough. Thanks guys and happy tagging!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Then on to our day today. Connor was running a fever all weekend so we took her in to see Dr. Asaad at 8:30 am. After we got home around 4pm, we were spent. They took blood tests right away and then we had to wait for this super baby to pee! They placed a bag on her around 10ish this morning and she didn't pee till 3pm! Can you believe that? Anyhow, they were able to run tests on the urine right away to rule out a bladder infection, but now we wait for the blood results to find out what's the problem. They suspect Roseola but we won't know till, A: she either breaks out in a rash by tomorrow or B: the blood tests come back with an answer. In the mean time, she's on motrin, tylenol and cool rags to control the high temp (which has been staying between 102 and 103...better than the 104 it kept hitting yesterday!)